Thursday, July 12, 2018

Stitching with Yvette!

Hi My Creative Scrapbook friends! Yvette here today with a layout using the July Main Kit.  I was inspired by the beautiful sunshine and clouds pattern paper, so I decided to use it as a background for my page.


I couldn't resist the idea of adding stitching to outline all of the clouds on the Sunny Day pattern paper, which in turn added that extra detail and texture I wanted to see on my layout.
   


Gather my supplies.....in the end I decided to use a cut file for my title instead of the stamps.


Next, I use a paper piercing tool to piece holds around each of the clouds.


Added my stitching, this took me a little while to do but was so worth it :)))))


I love the sun rays on this paper and decided to enhance it a bit by using a white gel pen. 


One of the strips found on the border pattern paper, had the perfect little phrase to use as a title for my layout. I used a font in my Silhouette Cameo to create the title and cut it from some white cardstock. I wanted a colorful title, so while the cardstock was still on the cutting mat, I added some mixed media to the background using several different colors of Dylusions ink sprays.


Arrange the title along the sun ray, as well as some vellum die-cut circles.


How cute is that chipboard sun, I placed it at the top of the page and add the adorable sunglasses on top of it! 



I created a small cluster on the bottom of the layout that includes a couple of floral stickers and a chipboard accent.




  On the right hand side of the photo, I added another small cluster of chipboard and cardstock stickers.

I really enjoyed creating this page using the sunshine and clouds pattern paper and hope I inspired you to do the same! 

Happy Crafting!!! 
   

   If you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!




No comments: