Friday, July 13, 2018

Tiny Bubbles with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I am sharing my layout titled Tiny Bubbles.
In June, we had a happy surprise when my sister and nephew came for a visit. I was able to capture the cutest picture of my daughter and nephew blowing bubbles on the back deck that I wanted to scrapbook. This picture gave me the inspiration to create a fun mixed media background by creating bubbles on my layout.
I was very fortunate enough to win the Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks a while back at a weekend crop, but never started to play with them until recently, and I must say they are so much fun to use.
I started by using my blending tool and blended both Broken China and Twisted Citron diagonally on the page. I knew I wanted my photo in the centre so I didn’t worry about spreading the ink all the way. After blending the inks on my page I misted them with water and used my heat tool to dry it. Don’t worry if you don’t like the effect you get you can always add more ink or water until you achieve the look your happy with.

Next I used my Ranger Texture Paste with a circle stencil to achieve the look of bubbles on my page. This texture paste dries to a transparent gloss but when I used my heat tool to dry it quickly it created all these little crackled bubbles, a happy little accident 😊


I then used Finnabair Opal Magic wax in Turquoise Satin over the texture paste bubbles. I love how it added the iridescent shimmer to the bubbles.


I also wanted to create bubbles floating on the page. To achieve this, I punched out different size circles with my punches, and used the same technique for the background. Each circle was then entirely covered with glossy accents to make them look like shiny bubbles. Before they were completely dry, I pressed a piece of paper on top to remove some of the glossy accents to give them the same crackled look as the background I created and let them dry overnight.


Using only papers in shades of blues, yellows and greens I backed my photo placed the title Tiny Bubbles to the top left and a cluster of stickers with a button and bubbles to the bottom right. I also added yellow and blue threads wherever I had placed the bubbles for some added texture. Here are a few close ups.



I finished off the layout by adding musical note stickers from the kit in the diagonal flow of my layout. It seemed only suiting with the title being 🎶 Tiny Bubbles 🎶
Hope you like it! You can follow me at my IG page https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/ and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/crazed4crafts/
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!!
Happy ScrappingJ

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love how this turned out Zelda! Love the technique!