Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Basketweave with Marielle!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans, Marielle here sharing how I created the basket weave background for my layout.

Family Wedding
This photo was taken last Summer at my niece's wedding.These folks are my parents ,sister and brother.
 I'm the only one with dark hair !!!

Here's a step by step tutorial on how to create this fun textured background.

Step 1- You will need to cut multiple 1/2" X 12 strips from 2 sheets of white cardstock (or color of your choice).


Step 2- Line up 19 strips of cardstock  vertically.


Step 3- Tape bottom edge of paper strips to your work space.


Step 4- Starting at the top, weave a strip of paper horizontally over one strip then under one and repeat . Slide strip to bottom (taped edge).The next row you will weave the strip under then over, repeat making sure the edges line up.


Step 5- Once you have achieved your desired size of weaved background paper, flip it over and bend and glue the small ends. My finished piece is 10 1/2" X 11". You can also machine stitch the edges ,if desired.


Step 6- Adhere to floral patterned paper. Add a few other layers of patterned papers to the left side of layout.


Step 7- Add matted photo, title and tag under the photo. I ended up machine stitching the title unto the layout.


 Step 8- Add a few embellishments ,die cuts and journaling to complete your layout.



 I sure hope that you have enjoyed today's tutorial and to give it a try on your next project.
Happy crafting!
Marielle