Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Paper Bow Tutorial by Izzy Anderson

Would you like to learn how My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Izzy Anderson made her darling paper bow on her card featuring our March Creative kit?

Here's Izzy...


Sometimes something simple like a paper bow can be just the right embellishment for a card or layout. This tutorial uses scraps of paper I had leftover from the kit.


Cut three strips of paper the same width but different lengths. I cut mine these lengths: 5.5 inches, 4.5 inches and 3.5 inches. You can adjust the lengths longer or shorter depending on the size bow you want. All pieces should be the same width, however. In the longest strip, notch each end. This will be the base of the bow.

Take each of the two shorter strips and form a circle with each by placing (and adhering) the ends together. Press the circles down in the middle and secure. I secured them with stitching but adhesive would work too.

Layer the smallest circle on the larger one and place them in the middle of the notched strip. I punched a small scallop circle from patterned paper and put it on top. Then I used a hole punch to go through the center of all the layers and added a brad in the center.


To curl the edges of the bow, I wrapped them around a pencil. When I released the ends from the pencil, the bows maintained a slight curl.


Izzy Anderson
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

----------------------------------------

Check out Izzy's beautiful layouts featuring our March Creative kit:




Thank you, Izzy!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: