Friday, February 24, 2012

Romy ...photo tips and techniques and how to extend your pattern paper

Pam always puts together such gorgeous kits and the LE kit this month just blew me away. I really wanted to use every little bit of it, so I tried to use my papers in an efficient way. To show you what I mean with that, I'll post a photo of the process of making my fourth layout with this kit: 'Garden'.

When I use a small square of paper, I usually cut it from the inside of the paper sheet. In that way you can use the outer edges to mat another piece of paper. That's what I did with this music note paper too.
I also had a small piece of brown paper left, with a few flowers cut out of it:
Posted Image

When I stuck it all down, white cardstock was visible in the cover. But you can easily cover that up by adapting your design to it. Stick down a few other piece of paper on the cardstock to cover it up:
Posted Image

Use your embellishments in the left corner and you won't see anything of it anymore:
Posted Image
Love,
Romy



One of my newest obsessions is to print my photos with white edges. I used to mat all my photos, but this is a much more cheap solution to make your photos stand out a bit more.

Posted Image

Something else you could do with these photos with white edges, is use two of the same photos overlapping each other. It will make your photo really pop off the page:
Posted Image



Love,
Romy

No comments: