Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rachael...How I create a page, ribbon technique and bulky elements tip

When I create a page I assemble the whole design before I stick anything down but that can make it a bit difficult when adding elements like lace and ribbon, to get over that I attach them onto paper (if possible) so I can move them easily around the page.

Posted Image

I pleated the lace along the strip of paper holding it in place with a bit of repro herma and then stitched it down.

Also I have this tip:

I like to layer lots of papers and elements together but sometimes that means that they are too bulky to lay flat on the project.

Posted Image

On this card I stitched the lace around the edge of the circle and then added a circle of chipboard to the back, this allowed the lace room to lay flat on the card without being squashed between the two pieces of paper. I have also added piece a of chipboard underneath the two rectangles of paper. Using the chipboard also gives your project extra depth.


Posted Image
Rachael

Here is my ribbon tip:

Pleated ribbon or paper makes a great addition to a page, here is how I did it on this page....


Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut off the strip from the bottom of the patterned paper and run a line of double sided tape along a short lenght of it.

Posted Image

Pleat the ribbon along the strip.

Posted Image

Machine stitch it into place.
Rachael

No comments: