Friday, February 9, 2018

For the Love of Pizza with Laura (Video Process)

Hi there!

I am sharing a new layout and process video for My Creative Scrapbook today using the February main kit!!


This is my first layout that is somewhat Valentine's themed using this kit, although it is not really love-y dove-y!  These photos are of my son and the heart shaped pizza he created for us for dinner a couple of years ago on Valentine's day.  That is pretty much the most celebrating we do around here for this event.


I used the Thickers, and tile stickers from the kit as well as a fussy cut word to create my title, it is a bit busy but pretty impactful.  I am not great with title ideas unfortunately, but I do like using multiple fonts for them.


I also created a couple of embellishment clusters to flank my photos, this fun dimensional sticker had a different phrase on it that didn't really work, so I covered it up with one of the cardstock stickers from the kit and then it worked perfectly on my page.


To add layers other than patterned paper behind my photos, I hand cut some tags from scrap cardstock and punched some hearts from patterned paper to create the re-enforcers.  The twine, from my stash, adds some nice texture.


A small embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page, helps to keep my layout from having too much white space.  The little x's and o's were fussy cut from the cut apart sheet.

As mentioned, I have a process video for this layout, you can watch it here or on my You-Tube channel, which ever you prefer!


Supply List: Pebbles Inc.  "forever and always"  patterned papers (follow your heart, freshly baked, love notes, , love lace, love labels), ephemera, dimensional stickers; American Crafts Remarks Valentine cardstock stickers; American Crafts "Regards" Thickers.  (From My Stash: Gutermann gold thread, crochet thread, Sharpie pen.)

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments: