Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cuts Files with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans! It's Monique with you today, happily sharing my step-by-step tutorial for this month. I totally adore this month's Main kit with the colorful papers and embellishments from the Pebbles "Forever My Always" collection and had a great time creating with it!

Here's the layout I did for today. Except for the February Main Kit I also used two of the February digital cut files, the "xoxo" and the "love you more". You can find the MCS cut files HERE (click and scroll down). 


Although most months the MCS cut files are .studio files, sometimes they are .pgn files. For those of you who want to learn more about how to use .png files I thought I would start with sharing how to use these .png cut files in your Silhouette. Then later-on in this post I'll also share how this page came together. 

First I downloaded the February cut files on my laptop, opened my Silhouette software and opened the .png cut file in my Silhouette. : 


I clicked the “trace” button in the top right corner and clicked the "Select Trace Area". Next I selected the shape I wanted to cut:


In the vertical row on the right I “unclicked” the “High Pass Filter” and moved the “Threshold” to the right, i.e. to 100%. I clicked the “Trace” button (also on the right of your screen) and the black images got red lines. I was now able to remove the black images and only the red outlines (the cut lines) remained:


 I clicked on the cut file and draged the corners to the desired size:


And that’s it, you’re done! Very simple, right?

Now on to the next bit, how my page came together. After cutting two cut files I grabbed my kit, selected a photo and got to work:


From the Pebbles "Love Labels" paper I cut a 3" strip and adhered this at the top of the white cardstock. I cut another strip of only one row of words and from the Pebbles "Be Still My Heart" paper I cut one row of hearts and adhered these two strips at the bottom of my page:


The huge XOXO cut file got two pieces of white cardstock behind the "O" and was also placed at the top of my page, half over the Love Labels paper:


Using my tiny attacher I stapled the "Love U More" cut file on the bottom of my Polaroid shaped photo and placed this on top of the XOXO:


From Pebbles "Love Notes" paper I cut the xoxoxo and the pencil and adhered this below the "love u more" together with a Pebbles flower die-cut:


Next came the rosette on the right side of the photo and die-cuts and sticker at the bottom of my page:


Using another die-cut and the black Thickers from the kit I added "U & I" below the photo:


Of course I just had to use the gold foil Thickers as well and chose the word "friend" and adhered this on the left of the photo. A little "s" sticker from the AC sticker sheet made this word complete. These tiny letter stickers were also adhered at the bottom of my page as well as the red/white striped sticker strip below the photo:


Last but not least came the hand journaling, the date stamp, a few drops of Glimmer Mist (own stash) and a bit of machine stitching:


And I was done! Hope you like it! Here are a few close-ups of my page:





If you're looking for more information about this kit or about one of the other three February kits from My Creative Scrapbook then please hop over to the My Creative Scrapbook website.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

xoxo
Monique
You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog

No comments: