Friday, June 14, 2024

Crafting with Claire using the June Main kit

I have a fun layout to share today using the June Main Kit.

I immediately fell in love with this bright striped patterned paper, but I struggle to use big blocks of bold colours so decided to make a simple layout with lots of white space that lets these beautiful colours really pop off the page.

 



I cut three strips roughly an inch wide and lay these across the page on a diagonal angle, raised on foam to give a bit of shadow.

 


 

I double mounted my photo using a piece of the red floral paper and blue polka dot paper which draw on the main colours in my photo.  I distressed the edges and offset each piece of patterned paper before raising on foam and adhering to the page.

 



Around my photo, I created a cluster to the right, first using a tag fussy cut from the tag paper to ground the cluster. On top of that I added some cardstock stickers and foam stickers, layering them up to create interest and dimension.

 


To the left of my photo and to balance the page, I added a title, using those fabulous Foam Stickers – I just adore these!! They’re my favourite element from this months kit.

 


Around the title, I added some cardstock stickers pulling together the travel theme.

 


Across the paper strips, I added some extra phrases from the cardstock sticker sheet, pulling together some phrases that match my photo.

 


To create my final third cluster, I just had to use that beautiful banner from the sticker sheet and that cute airplane!  I added foam underneath to add dimension and then adhered them to the page.


 

I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post – I had an absolute blast making this layout and I love how the white space gives these bold patterns and colours their time to shine!

Until next month, happy scrapping!!

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: