Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Fun with Claudia!



Hello again, I would like to talk about a layout I created with the May Creative Kit for this post. When going through the papers of this collection, this paper with its diagonal flower patterns instantly spoke to me, and I decided to fussy cut a pile of flowers in light pink and blue and some green leaves, which I mainly adhered with pop dots to create dimension. 


I knew that I wanted to use this month’s sketch while placing one photo right in the center of the page; as May is the month of Mother’s Day, I took a black-and-white one of my mom. Following this, I cut out a large green window from one of the papers and a green journaling card, both of which sandwich the photo in the middle. 


Then came the fun part: To achieve a coherent and eye-pleasing ‘line’ in the middle, I stuck down a sticker from the sheet and a chipboard piece to the left and right of the photo cluster. I embellished around the photo, which I had mounted on a pink paper and vellum for interest. On top of the picture came another rectangular sticker in black which is the title. 


Finally, I added some chipboards, a few flag stickers, and punch-outs and threaded some ribbon underneath the photo for a feminine touch. I tucked in a few stickers/chipboards between the diagonal flower clusters for a finishing touch. Some handwritten journaling with my favorite black pen and black sparklers from my stash round off the layout. I hope you got some inspiration from this design. 


No comments: