Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Be You with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends! It's Monique here today sharing a step-by-step for my "Be You" layout. This month Pam sent me the May Creative kit and when I saw it I fell in love straight away! The Flower Garden collection from Carta Bella is so very beautiful, with it's soft colors and wonderful designs! 

I already knew which photo I wanted to scrap and I thought this collection was just what I was hoping for. In the photo you see my one-of-a-kind daughter, who is always up for silly and funny actions. Here she decided to act like she was cycling on the bike drawn on the tarmac (this indicates that this strip of road is a cycling path, of which there are many in the Netherlands!). 

As the photo was taken in April this Carta Bella spring collection was perfect! Here's what I created:

I started my page by displaying the items in the May Creative Kit (so beautiful!):

As I had already decided on a circular design with lots of flowers, I collected all the flower and leave punches I own:


And for the next quarter of an hour I happily punched a pile of flowers and leaves:


Using a round plate and pecil I drew a circle on a sheet of white cardstock and started arranging the flowers in a circle:


I started with the larger flowers, followed by the middle sized flowers and then the smallest flowers. I left an empty space where I wanted to place the photo:



When the circle with flowers was done I added the photo with a journaling card on the right side of it. I added a strip of paper below the photo and the journaling card and a chipboard die-cut with two flags on the left. A few lines of handwritten journaling and a few drops of paint and I was almost done:


Last but not least I machine stitched the flowers with two circular rows:


And now my layout was finished! Not a terribly complicated design, but the result is really fun. 

Here are a few more close-ups:





Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I've been able to inspire you to create many pages with this kit! If you do, don't forget to share them with us! We have a special facebook page where you can show us what you've made, it's called My Creative Scrapbook Inspiration Central. Hope to see you there! 

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

No comments: