Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Step by Step with Terri!

Hi everyone, It’s Teri, and today I’m sharing a step by step tutorial for a greeting card that I made with the My Creative Scrapbook February Main Kit. I have to tell you first though, I had so much fun with this awesome kit!! I completely used every single piece of paper in this kit, and just about every embellishment! And there were a ton of embellishments believe me! You are going to absolutely fall in love with this kit and have days and days of fun with it!



Ok, so back to my “So Happy Together” greeting card. What makes this card so beautiful is it’s contrasts in colors and it’s three-dimensional design elements. Whoever receives this card will be wowed  that you made this for them! But it’s really quite simple and we will keep that our secret! Shhhhh!



The first step, using Photoplay’s “Thankful” sheet of paper, (stripes side), I cut a 5x7 rectangle. The same size as the cover of the white, blank greeting card that I used as the base for this project. This is from their “We Are Family” Collection, and I absolutely loved the colors in it. Then about 2 ¾” down, (approx.) I drew a diagonal line from the right to the left.



The next step is to cut along that line. Also, at the very bottom of this same rectangle, I cut a half inch border.



After that, all I did was simply glue both of these pieces to the front of the blank greeting card. The diagonal piece on the top, and the border piece I placed on the bottom, to help balance out the design a little.



Then I brought out the Simple Stories Chipboard Stickers and decided which ones I wanted to place along the diagonal contrast line. I chose three beautiful floral graphics and the polka dot heart. I knew I wanted to overlap them slightly and add some dimension to the design. So I placed floral stickers on both sides and overlapped the heart just slightly by adding some sticky foam adhesive to the back.



I wanted the final floral graphic to overlap all of the other graphic stickers. I put two pieces of sticky foam adhesive on the back of it, one directly on top of the other. That way, it gives it more height   than the rest of the elements. It’s such a great way to make a design stand out!



And see, just like that, I’m already almost done!



So next, the most import part of the card…..the sentiment! I decided to use “So Happy Together”, from the Simple Stories Cardstock Stickers. The colors are so perfect and I loved the sentiment! I placed it on the right side, and slightly off the edge of the card. I’m a firm believer in coloring outside the lines! 😊



The final thing that I did was add a few heart stickers. These were from the Simple Stories Chipboard Stickers also. I used a few different sizes and also overlapped two of them to add more of that three dimensional element.



And that’s all there was to it ! But it’s such a beautiful card, people will love it! I promise! This is just one of the many cards that you will be able to create with this wonderful kit! And I know that you will enjoy it, because I very much did!

Well my crafty friends, I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. I hope you found my tutorial helpful and enjoyable! I wish you happy crafting!!

If you would like to look at more of my designs, please follow me on Instagram at mipapierfetiche. Or you can find me on Etsy at Papier Fetiche Designs!

No comments: