Monday, December 16, 2019

Country Christmas with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans! It's Monique here today with a layout I created with the December Main Kit featuring the Country Christmas collection from Simple Stories. The first thing I always look for in a kit are the die-cuts! Die-cuts are my favorite items in a collection and so I was very happy when I found lots of them in this month's kit!! To make the best use of the them I decided to create a large Christmas tree solely with die-cuts. I did however need a background for my tree and because the kit also contained a super cute text stamp from Prima I used that for my background!

Let me quickly show you what I made and how I did this. Here's my layout with the die-cut tree:


And here's how I created this:

I started with assembling everything I thought I would need:


Just look at all the die-cuts and some chipboards as well:


Using the text stamp from the kit I stamped the shape of a tree on the white carstock background,:


On top I painted with colored Gelato and also added a few drops of Color Shine from my stash:


Now I was ready to start adding the die-cuts: 


Starting at the bottom with the larger pieces I worked my way up:


The chipboards in the kit were so beautiful as well, so I needed a few of those in the tree as well, like the angel and the "Merry & Bright" piece:


Next came the photo on the left side of the tree:


With two rows of machine stitching my layout was done! Hope you like it! Here are a few more close-ups:




For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thanks again for stopping by! Wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

1 comment:

Стокли said...

Gorgeous Christmas tree!