Friday, April 26, 2019

Walk Through with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing a floral wreath layout that was created using the April Creative kit Spring Fling by Echo Park Paper 


 Once I saw the B side of the 3x4 journaling cards I knew I just had to fussy cut all the flowers and create a DIY wreath.
Now fussy cutting is definitely not my favourite thing to do but I just turned on Netflix and binge watched one of my shows and before I knew it I had a pile of flowers cut out.



Using my Tombow markers and a black Faber Castell pitt pen in size M I coloured and doodled out 6 flowers in a circular pattern on white cardstock to act as a guideline for my wreath.


 I liked the doodled flowers so much I decided to create more and fussy cut them to make my own ephemera.


 Included in the kit are these beautiful enamel and resin floral embellishments. To add dimension I layered them adhearing them with hot glue and using a sequin for the center.


 The flowers are placed randomly around in a circle, and glued down.

To create the base page white cardstock is cut to 11” x 11” and matted with blue cardstock from my stash cut to 11 ½” x 11 ½” Both are then placed on the 12x12 spring bloom patterned paper framing my layout.
To prevent the layout from becoming too bulky  a 10” square is cut from the center of the patterned paper. This also allows me to use the leftover patterned paper on another layout.

 The picture is matted in the same blue cardstock and layered with frames and a tag from the ephemera package. I finished the tag of with a tiny bow made from ribbon that also came with the kit.



For dimension foam squares are used to attach the self made ephemera around the wreath and pink thread was added in behind each one for some texture. The metal/resin floral clusters were adhered around the wreath using hot glue. For the title I chose you are sweet from the ephemera pack and added a couple stickers from the sticker sheet.


 Here is my finished layout. I hope this inspires you to create a DIY wreath layout of your own


 
You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!! Happy

No comments: