Monday, November 19, 2018

Let's get cozy with Marielle!

Hello !My Creative Scrapbook friends,
Marielle here today sharing a Fall layout I created with the gorgeous October main kit featuring the Forever Fall collection from Simple Stories.

I have loved knitting since I was a teenager and this Summer I knitted a cozy blanket for my re designed den /man cave in our basement.


Let's Get Cozy by Marielle LeBlanc



Step 1
Using leftover yarn from my blanket, I knitted a 6"X 6 "square.
You could also add a piece of felt or fabric as a textured layer :)


Step 2

Adhere 3 to 4 layers of patterned papers from the kit. I used the dark "denim look" paper as my background.


Step 3

For added texture I stitched on a row of buttons to the striped paper. I think these were from Basic Grey... I used to be totally addicted to buttons !!)





Step 4

Adhere knitted sample over layers of patterned papers using your favorite adhesive.


Step 5

Machine stitch knitted piece into place ,if desired.


Step 6
Add matted photo,to the center of knitted piece and add tag and embellishments at the top of your photo.


and finally add tag/stickers/embellishments to lower right of photo. I also added splats of white paint to the dark background.


I do hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial :) I loved creating this project.
Here's a look at this beautiful kit from the store !
Hugs,
Marielle





No comments: