Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Dream Catcher with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing with you my layout Fresh Start using the beautiful October Main Kit, Forever Fall from Simple Stories.
I started getting grey hairs in high school and have been continuously dyeing my hair ever since not only to cover up the grey but I also liked dyeing my hair in fun colours too. So the amount of time and product I have put into my hair I can only imagine lol. This picture is a recent selfie after coming home from the salon and finally deciding to give up dyeing my hair and to let my salt and pepper hair grow out naturally, which is why I chose the title Fresh Start.

  When I went through all the beautiful papers and elements in this kit I decided to create a dream catcher incorporating the feathers and leaves.
I used an embroidery hoop and a pencil to lightly trace a semi circle around the patterned paper and positioned the dream catcher off the page to the right. I trimmed my white cardstock to 11 ½” square and distressed the edges. With the same paper as the dream catcher I also cut an L shape to use as a border to the left side and bottom of the layout.

 Once I had my dream catcher glued down and had the feathers and leaves positioned I chose a blue shade of DMC floss that coordinates with the patterned paper, using my paper piercing tool I poked holes and stitched around the inside of the dream catcher and down the length of the feathers and leaves.
I backed my picture with a couple pieces of torn patterned paper added some ephemera and chipboard clusters and some word stickers. I used my We R Memory Keepers typewriter to type out Bye Bye Hair Dye, Hello Salt & Pepper and dated it from my last hair dye that I backed with tissue paper.

To finish off the layout I added some orange sequins to replicate the beads on a dream catcher and splattered some gold Heidi Swapp colour shine.
I hope you like how this layout came together.

 
You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!! Happy Scrapping!!!

No comments: