Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Apple Day with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing with you my layout  titled Apple Day using the fabulous November Creative Kit, Fall Break from Carta Bella Paper Collections.

I started with an old picture from 1985 of my husband and his friends from Scouts on apple day. I love the looks on their faces and how this picture looks like it could be used as an advertisement for Scouts Canada.


 Right away I thought about creating a large apple for this layout. To create the apple, I first sketched out a simple design on a plain piece of cardstock.

Then I went through all the lovely fall papers in the kit to see which ones I wanted to use for the apple, leaf, and stem. Once I chose my papers I placed the sketched apple over the patterned paper holding them together with some washi tape to keep it in place. Using my hole piercing tool I then pierced holes about ¼” apart around the apple, then I repeated the same step for the leaf and stem while changing the patterned papers. For the stem I chose burgundy cardstock. The holes created an easy guide to cut around once they were punched.

The cream cardstock was trimmed to 11 ½” square, which was inked around the edges and then backed with a leaf paper from the kit. Then it was positioned so the pattern would appear to the top and left of the layout.


Now to stitch the apple! I must confess I have a very large collection of DMC floss and once I picked out the right shades to go with the paper I hand stitched around my design.

 I backed my picture with green cardstock and a piece of patterned paper that I distressed and inked, then added a piece of burlap ribbon behind the picture to create some texture. To finish off the layout I placed a few stickers and chipboard pieces around the picture, added the title Apple Day from the thickers included in this months kit and some Mister Huey's color mist in real red.

I hope you like how this layout came together. Here are a couple close ups and the finished layout.





You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!! Happy Scrapping!!!

No comments: