Thursday, May 24, 2018

Spring Layout with Monique!

Hi everyone! It's Monique here today sharing a step-by-step tutorial for this Spring layout I created using the fabulous May Main Kit.

I really love the beautiful Carta Bella "Spring Market" collection that Pam chose for this month's kit and I happily printed off lots of the Spring photos I had taken last April. For this layout I chose three photos which I then copied, pasted and resized in Word. I printed them at home on my Canon printer.

Here's the layout I created and I thought I'd show you how it came together:


Often when I start on a scrapbook page I just put my papers, photos and embellishments this way and that until I'm satisfied with the design. However, there are times when I find it easier to use a sketch to get started, like for this page. I decided to quickly design a simple sketch in Word:


Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut the large title from the scraps I had lying on my desk. I wrote the word "SPRING" (font: Aharoni) divided the separate letters over my screen to easier cut the letters from different pieces of paper and adhered the pieces of paper on my cutting mat:



and this was the result:


I placed these letters on my cardstock background, but decided I liked the back of the letters "R" and "I" better. The strip at the bottom of my page is one of those extra strips of paper from the bottom of one of the other patterned papers.


Next I (hand) cut the three rectangles and placed them above my title:


From the sheet called "Floral Tags" I cut three beautiful tags and arranged them on the pink paper:



The strip of photos of my daughter and I and the tulips (I live in The Netherlands, so tulips it is!) came next:


I selected three of the beautiful Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) buttons from the kit and some of the adhesive chipboard pieces and placed them on my page:


For one of the other May layouts I created this month, I cut one of the MCS May cut files and I had a little piece left, so that went to the top of my page:


I typed one line of journaling in Word which I adhered above the title and finished my page with some machine stitching and drops of (Cotton Candy) glimmer mist. And as is almost always the case, when I think I'm done with my page I can't stop adding bits and pieces, like a few more chipboards:




This is it! Really simple if you start with a sketch. How about you? Do you like sketches to get you started? or do you rather wing it?

Hope you like my page and if you decide to give my sketch a try as well, I would love to see what you create!!

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous page...Monique, I'm so Loving that sketch! xx