Friday, November 17, 2017

Sweet Hot Cocoa with Aimee!


Hello friends! Aimee here with you today and I have a tutorial on how I made my "Sweet Hot Cocoa" layout with the winter wonderful creative kit! My favorite part of this layout is the sweet little snowman who has his own little cup of cocoa which I will share how I created.


Here is the November creative kit...😍


And let's get started! I gathered a few of my punches, some coloring mediums, and my kit.


I wanted some of the wood snowflakes to have some colors that are present in the kit. I used a couple of inks for the blue and green and a mist for the red.


I used my snowflake punches and punched out some snowflakes from a few of the patterned papers.


I used a 9 inch circle template and pencil to draw on the main patterned paper where I wanted to add all of my elements to create the wreath.


Then I started playing around with all the different pieces...arranging and rearranging all of my pieces to see which pieces fit best on the circle. *One tip I have to offer is to cut the stickers from the sticker sheet leaving the backing on. That way, you can move it around to different places until you're ready to commit it to a certain place.


So now I have all those pieces exactly where I want them, I permanently adhered them down. Then I backed my picture with a piece of patterned paper and adhered it down and added my title.


Now comes that cute little snowman with his cocoa!! I used my X-acto knife to make a slit in the handle of the sticker so I could slide it onto his hand. Because of the depth of the chipboard snowman, I had to use a couple of pop dots on the back of the cocoa sticker so it would be the same height as the snowman. Now you can adhere it to your layout. Isn't he just the cutest?!?!


Last piece of this layout is creating a tag with a twine bow. 


Tuck it behind your picture and add the sweet little bird sticker...and your layout is done!


Hope you enjoyed this step by step tutorial and that you have your creative kit and are enjoying it as well!

No comments: