Monday, September 11, 2017

Come check out Laura's Process Video!

Hey there!  It's Laura here today, sharing a new layout and process video using the fabulous September main kit from My Creative Scrapbook 


My mom has been on my mind a lot lately, she is in a long term care facility, about 3 hours away from me, as she suffers from Alzheimer / Dementia.  When I received this month's kit, I knew I needed to do a page about my mom.  She loved daisies, and the pretty daisy paper in the kit made me think of her.

She always hated having her photo taken, but now she forgets that so I am able to snap a selfie or two!  I don't have a single layout of my mom and I, and now I am happy to say I do!
 

A long time ago, I created a layout that featured lollipop flowers (actually, I think it was the first layout that I ever had published) as embellishments.  I thought maybe it might be fun to create some of those sweet flowers again, only this time, I wanted them to be part of the main focal area, flanking my photo to draw the eye to it.


After die cutting my photo into a circular shape, I began layering patterned paper circles and tucking in stickers and fussy cut elements to create these fun layered flowers.


The kit also contains some gorgeous glittery phrases,  for my title on this page I trimmed the word love from one of the phrases and added it to an embellishment cluster at the bottom of my page.


I added my typed journalling and embellished it with some more fussy cut flowers.  I also used a hole punch and a wood grain sticker (that I didn't think I would use otherwise) to create these tiny little circle embellishments.

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.

 

Supply List: (from the kit) Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" patterned papers (Krafted, Forest Botanical, Heirloom Floral, Bless the Nest, From Me to You, Gatherings), and accents stickers; American Crafts Thickers "Family" phrase stickers; sheer ribbon. (other)  misc. pink thread; Recollections cardstock; Maya Road wood buttons.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: