Monday, August 28, 2017

Road Trip with Laura!

Hey there!

Laura here sharing a new layout and process video today, which I created with the August main kit !

I had so much fun with this page, trying to bring a design idea to life!


The "road trip" sticker from Photoplay Paper inspired me to scrapbook this funny photo of our pup.  (Please note, as soon as I snapped this photo, she was put back into the backseat and settled into a safer position.)


The background idea was born from the Heidi Swapp diagonal stripe stencil that was included in this month's kit, I had the idea to try to create a  large chevron pattern with it, pointing from top and bottom toward my photo.

I love the final result, although it was a bit of a learning process so I probably should have experimented first.  The biggest tip I have is to clean your stencil well between steps!

You can watch my process video to see how I achieved this look.


I had a lot of fun with this kit, especially the sticker sheets.  It is amazing the look you can  achieve by layering a few stickers!


I tried to keep most of my design central to my page so that the stenciling "pointed" to it, including my journalling.


But of course a bonus cluster was "necessary", ha! It does sort of serve a purpose though, as this patterned paper from Photoplay helps to tie in all of the colours used around the layout.

Final steps included adding a bit of navy mist sprinkles around my page.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Photoplay Paper "Boarding Pass" patterned paper (jet set) and element stickers; Echo Park "Go See Explore" cardstock stickers; Heidi Swapp stencil; Becky Higgins frame and flair. (Other Supplies) Sharpie pen; Tim Holtz pealed paint Distress Ink; Heidi Swapp navy Color Shine; white craft paint; American Crafts cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: