Monday, August 21, 2017

Fabulous Squares with Aimee!


Hello scrappy friends!  Aimee here with you today to share a fun technique that you can do with those fabulous squares that come in the August Creative kit! 


This is what they will look like when you get them straight from the package... 

I liked them the way they were and thought they would look great on a layout as is but I LOVE color and was ready to jazz them up with some paint!

I have never used these before so I wasn't sure if the color would soak in and fade so I applied a thin layer of Gesso. Turns out that it's not needed. They do great if you apply paint straight to them.


I picked out some pieces that I wanted to place inside each square...


After pairing each of the pieces with the right sized square I decided which color I wanted to paint the squares.


I then glued the pieces and pictures to each square and placed them on my layout.


For the main picture, I decided to use the 3 biggest squares to "frame" it. The outside and inside frames were painted blue and the inside one is painted white and glued down to the picture to keep them together.


And here is the layout after I adhered all the pieces down and added some of those adorable stickers that come with the kit!


Be sure to check out the August Creative kit along with the other kits from My Creative Scrapbook! They are all fabulous kits!


Have a great day!!


No comments: