Thursday, June 15, 2017

We love BBQ by Monique!

Hi everyone! It's Monique here today and I'm so happy to share a step-by-step tutorial I created for the hearts confetti pocket on my "We Love BBQ" layout. I used the fabulous June Main Kit  from My Creative Scrapbook to scrap this page and I adore the Fancy Pants Family & Co collection that is featured in this kit. This collection is so versatile and can be used to scrap so many normal "everyday" kind of photos!

Here's the "We Love BBQ" layout and I created the step-by-step tutorial mainly for the pocket with the hearts confetti behind the title.


So here's what I did. I got my June Main Kit ready on my scrap table:


and chose a 6" x 6" page protector from my stash. I used my paper trimmer to cut off the left side with the holes: 


Next I use a little heart punch to punch a whole lot of hearts the size of confetti from a few different papers:


The little hearts went into the clear page protector:


Using my sewing machine I sewed the pocket (page protector) closed like this:



I filled the pocket a second time with the little hearts and sewed it closed once again. The two rows are about 1.5" high. I cut off the excess pocket at the top. 


Using the chipboard letters from the June Main Kit I created the title and adhered this on top of the hearts confetti pocket: 


Now I just had to decide where to place this hearts confetti pocket and played around with it until I found just the right spot:


After deciding on the general look of my layout the rest was easy! Here are a few close-up photos of the finished layout:


I adore the little words in the packet of  Fancy Pants die-cuts and knew I wanted to add one to the title. The FP puffy heart sticker was the perfect finishing touch! 


I love that there are so many fun embellishments in this kit (like the die-cuts, chipboard pieces & (puffy) stickers) as I love creating "busy" pages and always want to add lots of bits and pieces to my projects. 



After adding a few lines of handwritten journaling and a couple of drops of yellow color mist I was done! Can't wait to hear what you think! 


Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! If you want to learn more about the MCS June Main Kit then please hop over to the "Kit Club" part of the website! Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xoxo Monique

2 comments:

Sherri Caramico said...

Really cool!! LOVE the pockets you stitched with the heart confetti!! Super cool idea! Beautiful layout!

kate blue said...

fabulous! Love the PP and the alpha placement-fantastic kit!!!!