Thursday, January 19, 2017

Clustering Embellishments with Alicia Giess


CLUSTERING EMBELLISHMENTS

    Since I am a home-schooling mother of 4, full-time legal secretary, and a part-time photographer, I have, out of necessity, become a speed scrapper.   One of the tricks I have discovered in order to make my pages look more creative/complicated than they are is to cluster elements throughout the page to add movement.  

For example, look at this page I created with the creative kit:








It really looks like a lot is going on, but it was  a very easy page to create.  I took the Snowglobe patterned paper with the 4 squares and made it my background.  I then took two journaling squares from the Hearts Snowman patterned paper, matted them in black cardstock, and surrounded them with wallet-sized photos.  It actually looks like a giant cluster in the middle of my page.   Here's  where I added some more cluster in the middle of my journaling blocks/photos.   



I cut out some elements from the same Hearts Snowman paper (the Snow Day block and the Ice Skating sign) and added in the middle of my page between the journaling block and the multi photos.  I then added some ribbon, buttons and snowflake stickers and the page was complete.

Here's another example of clustering embellishments:



On this page, I created a cluster with my photo/title/journaling.  I wanted the eye to be drawn to my daughter's crying face so I clustered elements around that photo.  



Notice how I added some tape, snowflakes, journaling stickers, and even sequins.



I then added the title, snowflakes, ribbon and sequins to the bottom of the photo, drawing the eye once again to my photo.

I encourage you to try clustering elements in order to make your pages come together quickly.

No comments: