Friday, February 26, 2016

Use Those Scraps by Alicia Giess

Design Team member Alicia Giess is sharing how she created this eye-catching page using just scraps from other pages!

Here's Alicia:

I am now scrapping my college-bound young adults.  When did my little kids grow up?  Because I like to document every stage in my kids' lives, I decided to even scrap my two oldest's Deans List notification.  I took a photo of their letter from the Dean and scrapped this accomplishment on this page.


Because we call this hobby we love "scrap"booking, I decided to take this term literally when I was on my 6th page from this beautiful main kit.  I literally used leftover scraps from all my other pages and decided to create my design with just scraps.

I started with the main piece of black and white paper as my torn background, added some color with the houndstooth scrap, and placed my two photos on that.  I then surrounded that centerpiece with just scraps of different sheets of patterned paper, torn, and placed at angles around the photos.  I added the piece of chipboard banner that I had left after finishing off most of the chipboard from the kit.


Now I went to the upper left corner and cut some more scraps and formed a point of interest at the top left, adding a chipboard heart and a banner sticker.


Finally, I decided to make the design a left to right diagonal and added some more scraps at the bottom right of my page.


My last step in completing my page was adding the journaling and title with the small alphabet stickers.  My page came together so quickly and I used up some "scraps" and documented a very proud mom moment too.

------------------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Alicia’s beautiful work.

Here are our February Kits (click to enlarge):

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com


No comments: