Thursday, February 25, 2016

February Main Kit Layout Details by Kristin Greenwood

Design Team member Kristin Greenwood is talking us through some of the detailing touches that she used on her February Main kit layouts!

Here's Kristin:

I am going to share one thing from each of my Main kit layouts, a small detail that helped make the layout feel complete to me!!

I wanted this layout to scream LOVE!!  So I picked out all my favorite pieces with sayings from the pattern paper, die cuts and wood veneers and I layered them down the side of the layout!

I loved the double heart wood veneer, but I knew I wanted it to be two different colors!  So I just used painters tape (you could also use washi tape) and I taped off one heart and I embossed the other.  I repeated this process to do the other heart!


When I saw the paper with all the strips (We R Memory Keepers-Key To My Heart), I knew I wanted to cut it up and make a banner!  I cut the patterns I wanted to use, making sure they were different lengths and widths.  I folded those pieces in half and adhered them to a piece of twine!  I love how it looks on the layout!


For my background on this layout, I used a stencil and mist.  I wanted to add a small detail to draw your eye to the photo!  I also added a few splatters in different colors.

------------------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Kristin’s beautiful work.

Here are our February Kits (click to enlarge):

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com


No comments: