Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tips You Can Use on Every Layout by Guest Designer Wendy Antenucci

Guest Designer Wendy Antenucci is up today with some fun tips featuring our September Main Kit!

--------------------

As I was creating with the amazing September Main kit, I realized that I have a few tricks that I use on a lot of my work.  So for my tutorial today, I thought I would share so that you all can enjoy too.


1.  I just participated in a Creative Blog Hop and a podcast where the question was how do you create.  Well I multi-task!  This layout started from another layout where I had trimmed the outer 1.5" to mat my layout on, but I didn't like the full 1.5" so I cut it down.  I was left with the cool square so I stapled it down to my paper.  I wasn't even working on this layout, but I now had my base covered.  I often will not use a piece on my layout so I just lay it on another one to see if it works.  This allows me to create layouts in under an hour when I actually start them.


2.  I like to use foam adhesive and cardboard scraps to build layers on my pages.  But on this page I already had the large chipboard banner at the top and I really didn't want to have another piece competing with that, but I wanted to use the large floral.  So, what do you do?  You rip the backing off the chipboard until you have the thickness you want!  This allowed me to layer my photo over the flower piece without any problems and I didn't compete with the other chipboard pieces.



3.  I cut my smaller leftovers from other layouts (see multi-tasking again) into 3x4 and 4x6 cards, first because I do Project Life, and second because I love to use these sizes to build layers.  I assembled the colors/patterns that I wanted and stapled them together to hold them while I assembled the rest of my photo block.  I did cut the pink piece down then to better fit my area.


4.  And my last tip/trick has to do with filling up white space that might be unbalanced or empty.  I LOVE clouds (and hearts), so I have a Fiskar heart punch in two sizes and I punch hearts from my white cardstock, edge them with ink and presto lightweight fillers that always look good on layouts (in my opinion).



Thanks so much for joining me and for the opportunity to create with My Creative Scrapbook, it was wonderful!

--------------------

You can see more of Wendy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the September Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments: