Monday, September 15, 2014

Layout Design Process with Lynn Shaffer

Lynn Shaffer is up today with some looks into her design process featuring our September Creative Kit!

--------------------

Hello, 

Hope you are having a fabulous day. 
Today I am demonstrating my process in building a page. 

Trim 11 ¾  inch off each side of pattern paper.  Matt down 11 ¾ x 11 ¾ pattern paper to black cardstock.


I then matted my sticker letters to black cardstock to make it pop. 



Free hand I cut various shapes and inked all the edges. 


I applied Glossy accents in layers and let dry.


I then began layering all the elements and adding brads to my page. 



The trick to layering is to tuck the shapes behind larger elements. 


Also popping up stickers will help give dimension to your layout. 


-----------------------------------

For my second layout I changed the look of my page with Gelato's. 


I put a layer of gesso on my base page

inked the edges of my misc pieces.


To add dimension I matt my photo's and pop them with 3D adhesive.


Now that my base page is dry I apply Gelatos. 


I then placed my various cut pieces on my layout. 



Tracing out my sticker words help make titles pop. 


Thank you for joining me. 
Don't forget to check out all the amazing inspiration in the DT Gallery. 

--------------------

You can see more of Lynn's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the September Creative Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Thank you for showing us your design process!!