Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Lynn Shaffer

Lynn Shaffer is up today with a step by step for you!

--------------------


I love paper. 
At times I am torn with a paper because I love both sides. So here is my tip on how to get the best of both sides of a paper. 


To take advantage of both sides for my layout I fussy cut the border of the MME paper. 


I then fussy cut the title of the border. 



I love adding texture to a page. But I did not have a stencil. I decided to make my own. Using my circle punch a cut the plastic from the stamp set. I have a binder for my stamps and I am in love with this set so into the binder it will go. 



Using my Dreamweaver paste with a gift card gently went over the punched out circle. I let the paste dry. 



Then using my color spray sprinkled my white cardstock that will be my base. Pam has a great selection of Lindys stamp gang mist set in the add on section. 



I then cut rectangle pieces from side B of the MME paper and distressed them. 



I always like to place my pictures and pieces on my layout as I work but only glue everything at the end. This way I can judge size and placing. I matted my picture against black paper.  



I adore the MME stamp set that came with this kit. I decided to create layered jars. I stamped the image four times. 



I fussy cut the jars and then layered the pattern paper over the white cardstock. 



Realizing how much this was an awesome stamp step decided I needed to add some background stamping. 



The layered brad was awesome but there was only one. So I decided to cut it up and ink the edges black. 




Now I am happy with my layout and glue everything into place


Around my picture I am adding brads and buttons included in the kit. Voila all done. 
Cannot wait to see what you will create with this kit. 


Have a great day!

--------------------

You can see more of Lynn's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the August Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Love how Lynn made that.

Heather said...

very neat layout

Mycreativescrapbook said...

This is so wonderful what a Beautiful page, thank you