Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Marilyn Rivera

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Marilyn Rivera is up today with a step by step layout tutorial featuring our March Limited Edition Kit!

Here's Marilyn:

>>><<<

Hello everyone! It's Marilyn here with you today to show you a step by step tutorial using the gorgeous March Limited Edition kit. I made this page inspired in the March sketch designed by DT member Liz Chidester and using the stamp from this kit.

Let's get started....



I selected this materials from the kit to start working my page and the March sketch.


Using the Prima stamp from the kit, I stamped several times in an ivory cardstock.


I cut all the stamped frames with a craft knife.


With a mask and homemade molding paste I created a pattern similar to the sketch.


You can see here the design and the textures.


I cut some of the paper's leaves from the Something Blue collection by Prima that comes in the March Limited Edition kit.


I also cut two birds from this paper.


I glued two of the frames in my photos.


I placed the photos and frames using the March sketch like inspiration.


I glued all the photos and frames and started to decorated around them with the leaves and the Prima flowers from the kit.


To soften the color I applied a lite coat of gesso to all the flowers.


Then with a paintbrush and a distress ink, I applied color around my photos and frames.


I gave the final details with the brads, chipboard and embellishments from the Limited Edition kit ....

Closer details...





I also made three more pages with this gorgeous kit....




I hope this inspire you and go.....HERE to reserve a kit , you will love it.

Until next month!
Marilyn

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Marilyn's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the March Limited Edition Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Marilyn, I have gotten tons of e-mails they love this tutorial, Thank you!! Awesome work