Thursday, March 20, 2014

How to Use Chipboard Sticker Negatives to Make Custom Embellishments by Nicole Doiron

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Nicole Doiron is here today to share how she used a negative of the March Main Kit chipboard sticker sheet to create a custom embellishment!

Here's Nicole:

>>><<<

I'm here today to share with you a quick tip on how to make the most of your kit.  The Main kit comes with many fabulous embellishments including a full sheet of chipboard stickers.  I loved the flags so much that I wanted to make more to use on my projects.  After popping out all the flags, I decided to create a cool border using the used sticker sheet and the negative flag shapes.


Taking my ruler, I measured the length and width of a flag. 


I then cut out several required size shapes out of different patterned papers.


I lined up each rectangle below the border in the order that I wanted them to appear.


I removed the lining off the back of the chipboard sticker sheet and placed the border below my paper rectangles so as to not disrupt the order.


Turning over each piece one by one, I stuck them on the border.


 Once all the pieces are affixed, it's time to turn over my border and take a look.


 Easy as 1, 2, 3! :)


Here is the flag border used on my "Happy Day" double-page layout:


If you want to see more of my creations with the Main kit, visit my blog at Scrap-Utopia!

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Nicole's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the March Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Nicole, Fantastic tutorial, Love this!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is the coolest idea ever! Awesome, Nicole!