Friday, October 18, 2013

How to Distress Chipboard Shapes by Jodi Baune

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Jodi Baune is up today with some tips featuring our October Main kit!

Hello! I want to share with you how I created my distressed chipboard circle....the chipboard circle from Leaky Shed comes in the Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.
I used the chipboard circle and pattern paper from the kit, gesso, and a file.
I glued the chipboard piece to the backside of my pattern paper. Ranger Glossy Accents is my go-to glue for this type of project because it sets and dries very quickly. Once the glue had dried, I cut away the pattern paper. I don't get to worried about getting it cut perfectly since I plan to distress the edges.
I dry brush gesso in random areas to create a muted and distressed feel.
As you can see, random areas have been touched, but not solid around the circle.
Next, I file around the outer and inner edges of the circle. Some areas I do gently, other a bit rougher. Filing will even out the rough cut edges as well as created a distressed look.
A close up of my filed edges!
My finished circle before I added it to the layout!

I hope you have enjoyed today's quick tip! Check out My Creative Scrapbook to purchase this kit, and to get a peek at all the other kits available!
Thanks for stopping by!


--------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to take a look at Jodi's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: