Friday, September 13, 2013

5 Ways to Alter Premade Flowers by Jodi Baune

Hello! My Creative Scrapbook design team member Jodi Baune is sharing some awesome flower-altering tips today featuring our September Creative kit!

Here's Jodi:

Hello! I want to share with you 5 ways to alter the pre-made flowers found in the September Album Kit from My Creative Scrapbook!

I used my flowers on this layout of my precious niece and nephew welcoming their cousin home!


These are the flowers before I altered them...beautiful as is, but I like to see what I can do to enhance them!


1. I dry brushed the petals with gesso for lighter, distressed flower.



2. Using black ink and a gorgeous, flourish stamp from Prima (found in an earlier kit from My Creative Scrapbook) I stamped a pattern unto the flowers.


Didn't they turn out beautiful?!


3. Using my scissors, I sliced each petal three or four times stopping near the end of the petal.


Staggering the petals, I layered two flowers together and scrunched them with my fingertips.


4. I lightly misted the ends of the petals with water. While the petals were still wet, I twisted the ends of the petals.


Once dry, I added a dab of liquid glue in the center and added micro beads from my stash.


5. I spritzed the flowers with mist....I used Turquoise Smooch.


Once the flower were dry, I formed the ends of the petals with my stylis.


Here they are after the stylis tool.


Tie a knot in the end of the yellow ribbon.


Staggering the petals, I glued two large flowers, and a small flower together. I glued the knot on for the flower center.


Here she is at another angle!


I would to see how you use your flowers! Share you link here and I'll be sure to stop and leave you some love!

Thanks for taking time to stop by!!


Jodi Baune
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our September Album kit:

(Click here to purchase our Album kit)

Check out the rest of Jodi's beautiful Album kit layouts:




Jodi also designed with our September Main kit:

(Click here to purchase our Main kit)

Here are Jodi's beautiful Main kit layouts:





Be sure to visit Jodi's blog for even more inspiration!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: