Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tips and Techniques by Shell Carman

To view or purchase our kits, click here.
For our sketch challenge (deadline: July 14), click here.
------------------------------

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Shell Carman is sharing two of her techniques today featuring our June Limited Edition kit!

Here's Shell:

"Hi There!

Shell Carman here with a couple of techniques I used with the June Limited Edition kit

The June Limited Edition kit contains the Ephemera pack with lots of gorgeous bits & pieces. I really loved the view finder wheel. I decided to use this to create an Interactive title on this page


It is a quick simple technique that looks really cute. Simply use a small Brad in the centre of the wheel to adhere to the main page. Do not use any other adhesives as you want the wheel to spin. Add some flat alphas. The Luxe copper alphas in the kit were perfect as they are flat stickers which allows the wheel to spin completely without getting the alphas caught on anything



So once I had completed my page, the wheel still spins which allows me to change my title from Such a Diva to A Diva Girl.

------------------------------

The Limited Edition kit also had some gorgeous canvas trim. You can alter this is so many different ways! I have used the trim on this page


To start I sprayed some mist in Heidi Swapp Chartuese so that the mist completely covered the trim


Then take some Shimmerz Texturez in Crushed Coral & a mask & a small craft trowel to apply the texturez


Place the mask over the trim & apply the Shimmerz Texturez using the trowel


This is how it looks finished


Thanks for joining us today!

Cheers

Shell"

Shell Carman
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's the June Limited Edition kit:


and here's another beautiful layout from Shell using this kit:


Shell also designed with our Main kit this month:


Check out her beautiful layouts!




Be sure to visit Shell's blog, here, for even more inspiration.
Thanks for visiting today!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: