Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial by Marilyn Rivera

*This is our second post today- please scroll down to view the previous post*

As promised, we're back with another amazing step by step mixed media tutorial from My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Marilyn Rivera featuring our April Mixed Media kit!

Here's Marilyn...

Hello there!!

I get out of my comfort zone this month and I made these canvas with a "grungy" look with the April Mix Media kit. I love the fabric heart that comes in the kit and it was my focal point in my project.



I had so much fun making this and I will show you step by step how I did it....


These are the materials I used it and all come in the April Mix Media kit, except the canvas. I used two 7"x 10"x 3/4" canvas.


First, paint both canvas with acrylic paint.


Let it dry.


I cut the heart in two pieces but the left side is a half inch bigger than the right side and I did the same with the Leaky Shed frame. Then made marks in the canvas with a pencil. Do it like the photo...


Unite the heart and stamp it with the Glitz stamp from the MM kit.


I ripped the Graphic 45 paper in strips and started to glue around my pencil marks, alternating both the paper's sides.

 
Continue gluing around all the marks and you should do this in both canvas.


Then make marks where the frame and hearts goes...and cover it with gesso. 


Masking around the edges. 


Then glue the hearts and frames.


Stamp with chicken wire stamp that comes in this kit...


Distress ink in all the edges.


Some Glimmer mist ...


I ripped a strip of the fiber paper and made a ruffle and glued it on the back border of the hearts...


Then I decorated with the Vintage Trinkets...


...chipboard and embellishments from this kit.


Cut some butterflies and add more glimmer mist. It should look like this...


The other half should look like this...


Trace the quote or tittle.


Here's an angle of the project.


Another angle of the project.


The final result.


Here in my home wall.

I hope your enjoy my "grungy" project. You can find this awesome kit ...HERE

Until next time!!

Marilyn Rivera
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's the April Mixed Media kit:

Marilyn also designed with our April Limited Edition kit. Here are some of her layouts:



My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Katrina Hunt said...

wow, Wow, and WOW!!! Love this wall art!