Thursday, March 28, 2013

Textured Backgrounds and Chipboard Shapes by Marilyn Rivera

Would you like to learn how My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Marilyn Rivera made her amazing textured background and how she textured the chipboard circle on her layout featuring our March Limited Edition kit?

Here's Marilyn...

Hi there!!

I will share today how I worked my textured background and added textures to my chipboard in my "I Love You" page with the Beautiful Limited Edition kit.



1- I recycled my mailing box and traced 12" by 12" with a ruler on one of the sides.


2-Cut it out


3- Carefully, tear off one side of the corrugated cardboard.


4-These are the materials I used, gesso and acrylic paint.


5-Apply gesso and cover all the background, let it dry.


6- then apply paint unevenly..


7- Apply gesso to the chipboard, let it dry.


8-Apply paint unevenly...


9-Distress ink


10. The final result.

I hope this inspired you to try these techniques.
This kit is so Gorgeous and you can find it...HERE

Until Next time!!


Marilyn Rivera
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

----------------------------------------

Please enjoy viewing more of Marilyn's beautiful layouts featuring our March Limited Edition kit:



Thank you, Marilyn!

Here's the March Limited Edition kit:

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: