Monday, March 25, 2013

Layout Background Technique by Carla Marchee

If you're looking for a day full of creative tips and techniques, you're in the right place!  My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Carla Marchee has several ideas for you featuring our March kits, and we'll be posting them throughout the day.

Here's Carla...

Here's my first layout using the March Limited Edition Kit: Love, Live, Hope

What I have done with this design I will please tell: Let's get started!


Here I have tearing the design paper When you tear toward yourself with the design part of the paper facing you, you will get a course edge that shows the core of the paper. If the core of the paper is white, you get the white edge.

And layering this how you like it.


What I did next: Using the glue with brush, paint a thin coat over the paper, making sure all the edges are stuck down. This will dry clear.
when this is dry. next step:


Now I have just gesso and water    Gesso is like a magic bullet. Seriously. Gesso should be in your craft room….there is no doubt about it! If my Mixed Media
So I get further


1} I did what gesso in a bowl and some water there at.
why because I wanted the pattern paper to show through.

2} And paint with the brush on the page
See picture's



3} Than I have just a color and painted over the page



And this was my background, so I further layered with the design paper and did fussy cutting and finish the page used the Prima packaging and flowers, ribbon.


Carla Marchee
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

----------------------------------------

Come back in a bit for more tips and techniques from Carla!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: