Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creating Texture with Mixed Media by Jodi Baune

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Jodi Baune is here today to share some mixed media texture techniques that she used on her work with our January Main Kit.

Here's Jodi...

Photobucket 

I want to share with you how I added a bit of life and texture to my fence. First I cut the Victorian Picket Fence from Cheery Lynn Designs (any chipboard fence would work too).

Jodi Step 1 

I added a bit of color by using pouncers and Ranger Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone.

MCS Jodi step 2 

Next, I added a touch of Ranger Distress Paint in Picket Fence color. The distress inks blend into the paint for a softer look.

 MCS Jodi step 3 

After the paint dried, I followed up with a touch of Ranger Distress Paint in Clear Rock Candy for more distressing and texture. Here is a close up of the result.

MCS Jodi Close up

Dies used: Victorian Picket Fence, Darling Daisies, Build a Flower #1, Build a Flower #2, Build a Flower Embellishment #2, Olive Branches, Stacker Flower #1 Leaf, Mini Dimensional Butterflies, Exotic Mini Butterfly, Lace Light Deco Border

 ------------------------------

Jodi Baune
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

We'd love to share more of Jodi's beautiful creations using our January Main kit:



Have a look at our Design Team Gallery for even more layouts, cards, and projects from our designers!

We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have planned for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.

No comments: