Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Creating a Curled Paper Frame with Zoe Nemburt

Design Team member Zoe Nemburt is with us today to share her technique for creating a curled paper frame using the September main kit.

Here's Zoe...

Hi ladies this months Main kit has lots of papers with frames like this oval one here. I wanted to share how I did the curled paper frame on my layout titled Timeless Beauty.

1. I just started but cutting out the centre I then tore the paper closer to the outer edge leaving about an inch and a
half.
 Posted Image

2. Next I ripped the paper towards the frame edge every 3/4 inch all the way around the frame. being very careful not to tear beyond the border.
Posted Image

3. You can use water here but I love to use my Pearl Glimmer mist as I love to have the shine too. I sprayed all the way around to make the paper soft and pliable by doing this too it also dries into its new shape so will not un curl over time.
Posted Image

4. Next up I used a small tool from my tool kit that has a small round shape you can use a pencil but smaller is better for a tighter curl. You can also curl with your fingers.
Posted Image

5. keep curling your paper layers all the way around the frame. I did some with the tool and some by hand I like to have a variety of textures.
Posted Image

6. Here it is finished now you can add you photo and embellishments for a finished page :)
Posted Image

7. this is how I finished mine. Tanks for looking.
Posted Image 

No comments: