Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Detailing Techniques by Rachael

Design Team member Rachael Elliot is sharing two of her awesome techniques for adding terrific detail to projects!

Here's Rachael...

Technique 1:
To add extra detail to the circle on this page I followed the pattern on the paper with machine stitching....
Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Technique 2:
I wanted to mirror the grid pattern from the patterned paper on my background cardstock.....

I assembled the page without sticking everything down and marked in pencil roughly where I wanted the pattern to go. I drew the grid lightly in pencil and then went over the lines free hand using a promarker. Finally I misted over part of each section of grid pattern, blotting off the excess.
Posted Image
(click photo to enlarge for better view of grid pattern)

No comments: