Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Handful of Great Techniques from Carla

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends!  Are you looking forward to the weekend?

We're wrapping up the month of May with some wonderful tips and techniques from design team member Carla.

Have you ever struggled with how to use feminine paper for a masculine page?  Carla has a tip for that...


To get a cool effect for a boy's page, with this beautiful Webster's paper that is in the limited edition kit... I had done the corners of the paper design with a roughened sanding block and then treated with gesso and paint.


Next, Carla shares how she prepared a raw chipboard shape that came in the main kit:

I have colored this with Copic markers and that's a cool opportunity.


It's so fun to color in this way.  I hope this is an idea for you.


How about the beautiful packaging that many of the products come in?  Carla has a tip for that, too!

With this packaging I have made a notebook.  So do not throw away your packaging too soon... you can use it.


I have made this for no pictures inside, the idea is for writing ideas or something else!


I hope you like it too and have an idea what you can do with packaging!


Okay friends, that's a wrap!  See you tomorrow for some SNEAK PEEKS!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow that's an awesome idea for packaging! I hate to throw them away, some of them are so beautiful ;) Thanks for the tip!