Welcome back, My Creative Scrapbook friends! It’s Jinny here today to share a new project inspired by the September Creative Kit. This month’s kit boasts papers, cardstock stickers, chipboard accents, and frames and tags from Echo Park’s It’s Time to Travel Collection, as well as Thickers Collage letter stickers; a gorgeous stencil; and darling, April & Ivy, stamp set gift. It is absolutely perfect for scrapping all your summer adventures; and I’ve used it all for today’s showcase, against a scrumptious, mixed-media background, using the September Sketch (See below.). Let’s dive right in! Shall we?
I started this page by adding a large, yellow, watercolor puddle to the center of my 12x12 watercolor paper base page. I then splattered it with that same shade of watercolor, as well as blue, navy, and green watercolors. Once everything was dry, I rubbed Night of Navy Stampin’ Up ink through this month’s fun stencil, before splattering everything once again, but this time with Pure Black and Titanium White, acrylic paints. I then anchored a number of varying lengths and widths of patterned prints, horizontally and haphazardly, across the background, with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitching, before topping everything with my photos, which were matted with white cardstock, with a bit of a separation. That separation was used to create my “SEVEN FALLS” title and hand-cut “LET’S GO MAKE MEMORIES ALL OVER THE WORLD” subtitle.
I then used hand-cut ephemera and cardstock…
and chipboard stickers, raised with foam tape, for depth and dimension…
as well as a couple of stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock, and hand-cut images, which I added color to with colored pencils. I love the tag, laced with white string, tied in a bow, backdrop for those elements in this cluster!
I repeated that white string, tied in a bow, technique by turning a frame into a raised tag, with a couple of quick punched circles and foam tape, to complete the look.
And here’s that September Sketch that inspired it all.
While I thoroughly enjoyed scrapping with this kit, I did find it a bit difficult, mainly because my family doesn’t do a lot of air travel to big cities; and many of the elements in this collection were designed for exactly those kind of photos/mementos. So, I used a number of the “extras” for a fun travel journal. Here are the other projects that I created using the September Creative Kit. I’d love for y’all to stop by my instagram @loftydesignsbyjinny for a closer look!
Thanks so much for visiting today, My Creative Scrapbook friends! As always, I cannot wait to see what y’all cook up this month! Be sure to stop by the blog, as well as the Design Team Gallery, for more fabulous inspiration, inspired by every last one of the September kits. Until next month, happy scrapping!

No comments:
Post a Comment