Friday, December 8, 2023

Home for the Holidays page tutorial from Claire using the December Main kit from MyCreativeScrapbook.com

 I adore scrapping festive memories from the holiday season, so I couldn’t wait to get stuck into the December 2023 Main Kit! It’s packed with all the traditional colours of Christmas that I love so much!

 


I was immediately drawn to the circular chipboard pieces that are included in one of the ephemera packs in the kit. I knew I wanted to mix these with the patterned paper, so I grabbed a 1” punch and punched our papers from the kit, focusing on the green, red and black papers.

I decided to create a Christmas Wreath, made solely of smaller circles. I lightly traced a large circle, offsetting it off the page, before adhering my circles flat to the page to create my wreath design. In amongst the paper circles, I added the chipboard, some of which have greetings and other are plain.




I used a circular photo to echo the design and mounted it on a piece of the black paper, distressing the edges for texture and raising on foam for dimension.

 


I wanted my photo to settle into the bottom corner of the wreath, but couldn’t find two photos that fit together so I opted to fussy cut one of the cut apart circles to sit alongside my photograph. It was perfect – it has all the right colours and the sentiment is spot on.

 

To embellish, I added a foam button, some fussy cut holly, a holly sticker and a piece of holly chipboard, all tucked in around my main photo cluster.

 



As a little extra pop of red, I added one of the chipboard banners on top and a red chipboard heart, again raising on foam for dimension.

 


Once this was all in place, it still seemed quite stark, and didn’t pop like I wanted it to. I grabbed some green watercolours and carefully pained around the cluster to create a little more separation and contrast which helped draw the eye to the picture.

To help ground the design, I tore a few strips of patterned paper and stuck these flat to each side of the page.

To the larger strips, I added some phrases from the sticker sheet, focusing on the black, green and red to tie into the main design.


 Now, no wreath is complete without a bow – and this page is no exception 😊 

I took some red metallic twine from my stash and tied a big bow, adhering this with Glossy Accents to create that final finishing touch.

 



I hope this has given you some inspiration for scrapping with the December Main Kits.

That just leaves me to say thank you for all of your support this year. I wish you a very happy holiday season, and a great 2024!

Until next year - Happy scrapping!

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate

Want to see What other layouts Claire created check below..




No comments: