Thursday, December 7, 2023

Christmas Joy with Maree!


Hi Friends,

I’m here on the blog today to share a layout I created using the December Main kit.  It is such a beautiful kit with so many gorgeous papers and embellishments.
I fell in love with the paper with the distressed typewritten words. It made the perfect background for this layout.

I started by machine stitching down the right hand side between the black, red and green stripes to give a little texture and variation to the page. Next I worked on the bottom cluster, there was one already printed on the page so I just built up on that using some of the chipboard embellishments and some red and white twine. 


I added another small cluster at the top right of the page, using stickers, chipboard and the foam stickers.


I mounted my picture on coordinating red paper from one of the cut apart sheets and then set to work on the tags. I really love the tags pages created by Simple Stories and use them often in my layouts.  I machine stitched the edges, added red eyelets and some Christmas ribbon from my stash. ( I hardly ever use ribbon! So it was a good chance to use it!)  I felt like it tied in with the ribbon printed on the bottom of the paper.


I finished off by adding a few small embellishments and my journaling. My last addition to the page was the foam sticker title of 'Christmas Joy’.





I added a little bit of white ink splatter and I am so happy with how this layout turned out, and getting to scrap this special memory of a family picture on Christmas Day.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and I can't wait to see what you all create with this stunning kit.

Maree

No comments: