Monday, April 20, 2020

Step by Step with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends! It's Monique here today sharing this month's step-by-step for one of the layouts I made with the April Main Kit. I love all the My Mind's Eye "Gingham Garden" products in this kit! The garden photos I had just printed were perfect for this kit! Here's the layout I made:


And here's a quick walk through how I created this layout. 

As I always do, I started with displaying the contents of the entire kit on my table, so I could easily choose what I wanted to use:


I chose the photos I wanted to scrap and selected the papers to go with them. I had a hard time choosing the papers, as they are double-sided and I loved all of the sides!! In the end I went with these: 


For the background I chose a sheet of white cardstock from my stash. I cut 5 strips from the patterned papers I had chosen, varying in width from 5.5 cm to 7 cm. At the bottom of each strip of paper I cut a large "V". Only then did I decide on the length of the strips, which varied from 22 to 24 cm. 


Next I placed my photos on the strips, about 2.5 - 4 cm from the top. 


Next I chose embellishments to adhere above the photos: 


I placed a large banner die-cut below the photo in the middle, placed a die-cut with leaves over the bottom and a wood veneer word on top. 


A little cluster of 3 die-cuts were adhered in the bottom right corner of my layout:


Of course I did some machine stitching on my layout, because that's what I do.


Last but not least I drew a few lines on the wood veneer word, using a white Sharpy and my page was done!


Here are a few more close-ups:




Don't you just love the soft colors of this kit? I always tend to reach for brightly colored papers and love it that kits sometimes force you to step out of your comfort zone. 

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Here's the photo of the kit: 



Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you happy crafting!

xxx Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

No comments: