Friday, April 12, 2019

Beautiful With Monique!

Hello friends! It's Monique here today and  I'm sharing a step-by-step for one of the layouts I created with the April Main Kit. This kit contains mainly Carta Bella's Flower Market collection and I totally adore all the beautiful papers in this kit, especially those b-sides! Red is my favorite color, and when you see the b-sides of the papers in this kit you'll understand why I love them so much!

For today I chose to do a step-by-step of my "Beautiful" layout. The photo of my daughter was taken a few years ago when we were in Greece. I love the flowers behind her in the photo and how they match not only the color of her clothes, but also the colors in this kit!


When I start with a scrapbook page I always gather my supplies close around me so I have a good look at all the products I can use:


I started with a white cardstock sheet and adhered two strips of patterned paper on the left side. The photo was matted on two pieces of patterned paper and in the largest piece of paper I cut a v form at the bottom. The photo was then placed on top of the strips of paper on the left side:


I wanted some flowers to add to the corners of the photo, but as I had no flower die-cuts left I decided to hand-cut some flowers from the "Garden Floral" paper:


When I had the flowers placed where I wanted them, I decided the white cardstock was too white and using a blender brush and a light pink ink pad I colored the cardstock around the photo a light pinkish color:


Next I wanted to use the white foam "You Make Miso Happy" Jillibean Soup alpha's for the title, but I wanted a colored title instead of a white one and tried coloring them with a few different pens before deciding the Copic Markers were the best choice to hand color the letters (the others pens didn't dry quick enough for my taste):



Look what a beautiful result. Against the white cardstock, this looks much better than a white title I think.


After adding a few more die-cuts, machine stitching, a date stamp and a few drops of ink I was done!

Here are a few more close-ups:





Here's a quick look at the April Main kit:


If you want to see all 4 April kits hop over to the MCS website and for photos of projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo
Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

2 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

And what a beautiful layout it is! Yup, love the photo as well! Nicely done! I loved my trip to Greece too!

Monique Liedtke said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Christine!