Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pool Hair Don't Care with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I want to share with you an adorable summer layout that I created using the August Creative Kit.


My daughter has been taking swimming lessons and is now at level 3. I’m so proud of her. The result is she loves the water and has become a real little fish! I captured this cute picture of her on our first camping trip this summer and she would not leave the pool.

In the kit there is a 12x12” sheet of 4x6” cut aparts that has a card that said “pool hair don’t care”.  What a perfect title to go with this picture! To create the title I fussy cut around all the words.


There is a beautiful 12x12” floral paper in the kit this month as well that I decided to fussy cut out.


I had no plan for the layout, only that I wanted to use the title and I loved the flowers I cut out. It was then I decided to also use the August cut file. 


I choose the circle floral which I cut out in white cardstock using my Cricut. To get the colours I wanted, I used my gelatos to colour the cut file and backed the flowers in pink cardstock and the leaves in green cardstock.


I placed my picture in the center with the cut file over it and then I layered some of the fussy cut flowers around the picture. I added my title in the top left in a staircase fashion and used more fussy cut flowers around the title as well as to the bottom right of my layout. 

The water droplets were fussy cut from the paper that I had cut the title from. I used them to imitate splashing all around my picture.

The splatters of blue were made by applying some blue gelato onto my craft mat which I activated by using some water, I then used a paintbrush to splatter the colour around the layout.

I added a cluster to the bottom right of the picture of chipboard and stickers.

Finally, to finish the page, I used my sewing machine with a pale blue thread and stitched  ¾ of the way around the cut file 3 times then stitched a straight line through each word in the title. Here are a few closeups.




This layout is mostly all about fussy cutting I hope you like it! 


You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!!
Happy Scrapping!!!



No comments: