Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Customizing Embellishments with Paints and Mists by Missy Whidden

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Missy Whidden is up today with a tutorial featuring our November Main Kit!

Here's Missy:

I always love getting the neutral colored ribbon in the Main Kits each month.  It's like a blank canvas in which to color it any way you want!  Here's a quick and easy way to customize your ribbon with a few tools likely already in your stash.  Check it out!


Here's how I used it on a layout.  I wanted to pull some of the pink from my daughter's shirt, so I colored the ribbon pink, and I also used some of my mixture to paint one of the Prima flowers to match.
 

One more thing I did that I wasn't expecting to do was using this...


As you can see, I used it like I would a piece of patterned paper.  I didn't want to cover up the design on it, so I painted a flower pink and placed it a little to the left.  I also painted the wooden "LOVE" piece to match.


So even though this is a Fall kit, you can see how I made it girly.  I hope this inspires you to break out your paints or mists and color something up!

Have a great day!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to take a look at Missy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: