Friday, September 20, 2013

A Trio of Handmade Flowers by Nicole Doiron

As we head into the weekend, My Creative Scrapbook design team member Nicole Doiron has some Main kit inspiration to share in the form of flower-making instructions!

Here's Nicole:

Hello!  I will be sharing with you a few tips on how I created 3 different flowers for my 'One Perfect Day' layout featuring the September Main kit.


My first flower was made out of 3 strips of patterned paper.

I first punched a circle out of black cardstock to use as the base of my flower.


I then created 3 strips of paper with a border punch (you can use any kind you have).  One strip is a bit longer and larger than the others, at about 8".  The shorter strips are 6".


I covered the black circle with glue.
Using the longer paper strip first, I pleated it around the flower base.


I then added a large glue dot and pleated one of the shorter strips in the middle of the flower.



I did the same for the last paper strip.


I then finished my flower by adding a small black circle and a large pearl in the center.


My 2nd flower was made using a 6" strip of the sheer ribbon included in the Main kit.  I created 2 so I cut 2 ribbon strips.


I punched a small circle out of white cardstock and covered it with a large glue dot to make the flower base.


I then proceeded to twist the strip of ribbon and curl it around the white circle.


Adding a glue dot on the back of the base too, I curled the last bit of my ribbon outward and under the base to make the flower a bit larger.


Finally, I used a 8" piece of the large polkadot ribbon to create my 3rd flower.


Following the same principle as the previous flowers, I punched a flower base out of cardstock and covered it with glue.



I then stuck the ribbon around the edge of the base going inward.


I added a large pearl as the flower center.



Here are close-ups of the flowers as they appear on my layout.


 
I hope you will try making handmade flowers with your MCS kit as well!


Nicole Doiron
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our September Main kit:

(Click here to purchase our Main kit)

Have a look at more beautiful layouts that Nicole created using the kit:




Be sure to visit Nicole's blog for even more inspiration!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Liz Chidester said...

Your flowers are adorable!! Thanks for the tut!