Thursday, July 18, 2013

How to Make Leaves by Guest Designer Lydell Quin

To view or purchase our kits, click here.
For our current sketch challenge, click here.

Today we have some July Limited Edition kit inspiration for you featuring Webster's Pages Plum Seed.

My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer Lydell Quin is sharing how she creates leaves for her pages!

Here's Lydell:

I love adding little bits and pieces in between any flowers I might be adding to my embellishment clusters on my projects. These might include, tiny pearls or rhinestones, buttons, liquid pearl dots, little text strips, or pieces of string or ribbon/trim, but the most obvious filler for flower arrangements are leaves.

I love leaves. So I thought I would show you how I create the leaves I like to use on my pages, wherever I can.


So first up I decide what paper I would like the leaves to be then cut off a strip about as long as I want my leaves to be, then I just free hand cut leaves from the strip until I have a nice pile to use.


Next I just quickly ink the edges of each leaf shape


Now I get out my sewing machine. These are my favourite type of leaves to make. All we do here is a continuous length of straight stitching feeding 1 leaf in after the other until we have a very long string of leaves. Aren’t they the cutest?


These are not the only kinds to play with. Take a look as some other styles……



Each has its own look and are all very cute between flowers in your arrangements.

Here are some ways I used then with the kit this month.


Hope you will try making your own to accompany your flower Collection.  :)


Lydell Quin
My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer

------------------------------

Here's our July Limited Edition kit:


and here is Lydell's beautiful work using the kit- can you spot her leaves?











Be sure to visit Lydell's blog for even more inspiration.

Thanks for visiting today!
We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer.

No comments: